Data pertaining to your experience in a Choice hotel is gathered by Choice Hotels, a hotel Franchise company, based at 61 – 63 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA. Where your stay is within a hotel operated under a franchise agreement with a hotel brand, your data will also be collected by the hotel brand e.g. Choice Hotels, Quality Hotels, Comfort Inns.
Data is collected during the booking process PI may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
• Booking of a hotel room - through on and offline channels including brand and independent booking engines
• Enquiries made at a hotel for provision of services (meeting rooms, wedding venue enquiries)
• Check in and check out
• Consumption during a stay in a hotel as tracked through room charges
• Claims, requests and/or disputes
• Participation in marketing programs, with your explicit consent
• Registering with loyalty programs
• Contribution to guest's surveys and/or comments (e.g. "Guest Satisfaction Survey", "Contact us"; "Guests comments")
• Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions, with your explicit consent
• Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems
• Connection to any Choice Hotels websites (IP address, session cookies and Google Universal Analytics)
• Filling in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
• Use of a website managed by Choice Hotels.
Personal Information regarding a user's journey through our websites is collected when visiting a hotel managed by Choice Hotels via cookies, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
The placement of cookies throughout websites managed by Choice, also allows Choice to enhance the effectiveness of social media advertising through the data and insight collected in relation to the user journey.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
We use PI for the following purposes:
• To deal with Your enquiries and requests
• To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
• To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
• For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
• To manage guests' complaints
• To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet)
• To let You benefit from our loyalty program
• To implement security and fraud prevention means
• Administering membership records
HOW CHOICE HOTELS USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
• To process your PI in the Choice Hotels Client Relationship Management program
• To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better
• To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions or about Choice Hotels.
• To conduct surveys and analyse guests' questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
• To secure and improve use of Internet websites including website navigation
Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of Your data for marketing purposes, contact the Choice Hotels Marketing Department on 0800 085 2610 or at 61 – 63 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA.
Please note that we will only collect your PI with your explicit consent.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY CHOICE HOTELS?
As a customer at a Choice operated hotel, You may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about You and your family members, such as:
• Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
• Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
• Child Information: name and birth date
• Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
• Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
• Your dates of arrival and departure
• Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
• Any questions/comments You may have during or after your stay in one of our hotels
COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide You with specific services during your stay, Choice Hotels may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status.
Choice Hotels may collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay in your Choice hotel of choice.
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult's permission. If You believe your child has submitted PI directly to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Choice Hotels, we wish to offer you the same level of service and hospitality across all our hotels.
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following.
These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
• Choice Hotels LTD employees
• Hotel reservation staff using Choice Hotels reservation tools
• Information technology staff and marketing department staff
• Medical services
• Legal Department staff
• Any relevant individuals of any Choice operated hotels' legal entities for specific categories of data, for a legitimate or lawful reason.
DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your PI with external third parties for providing You with the requested services and improving your stay with us. Third party service providers may include (but is not limited to): booking engine providers, IT subcontractors, commercial partners, local authorities and any authority which we are required by law to do so.
Choice Hotels takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
You have the right to access, modify or delete Your PI at any time.
However, please note that if You object to the collection of PI, we may, in certain circumstances be unable to provide You with services requested during your stay at a hotel under management of Choice Hotels.
If You wish to exercise your rights on your PI held by a specific hotel, then You must contact the hotel managed by Choice Hotels directly.
To discuss access to PI held about You for marketing purposes or if You encounter any problem when exercising your rights, You can contact the dedicated Guest Data Services department of Choice Hotels, contactable on +44 (0) 800 085 2610 or at Guest Data Services, Marketing Team, Choice Hotels, 61 – 63 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA.
Choice do not charge individuals for any requests made regarding collection of PI.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all Choice Hotels guest, we will need to verify your identity properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's license, identity card or passport.
If your PI is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide Choice Hotels with your request for correction at the contact details outlined above. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with applicable law.
We have established physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. These safeguards include encrypted transmissions.
For the purposes of data protection laws, Quality Hotel, Coventry is the data controller for the processing of CCTV recordings.All CCTV recordings are processed in accordance with provisions of data protection laws and other relevant legislation. The use of CCTV monitoring is for the purposes of security and crime prevention and detection. We operate CCTV to fulfil our statutory obligations to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour in the local community.
Information captured by CCTV will usually be images of individuals, Audio Recording, location information or information relating to property such as buildings and vehicle details.
We will only disclose CCTV recordings or images to third parties such as the Police to comply with a legal obligation, or where legally permitted, such as for crime prevention and detection.
We only process CCTV images and recordings within the UK. All CCTV recordings are retained for a period of 28 days and automatically deleted thereafter.
You have a right to request for copies of CCTV images or recordings we hold that feature images of you or information relating to you. You have the right to object to use of CCTV in your area, and request for information to be deleted, subject to certain restrictions that may prevent us from doing so. To request a copy of CCTV images or recordings contact the Hotel Manager at Quality Hotel Coventry, Birmingham Road, CV5 9BA, email email@example.com or telephone 02476 403 835.
We will always try to resolve queries and respond appropriately to all requests regarding our use of CCTV. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your request, please let us know to allow us to investigate. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk. (edited 08/03/2019).
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company which operates this website and the website suite.booking.com.